Thursday, August 9, 2012

Yosemite National Park - Riding Stables








I love to watch horses and mules, but not to ride them. I personally think that if you are not trained to ride them and don’t have enough experience to go with your training it will be dangerous to try. I came to Yosemite to have lots of fun without taking too much of a dangerous risks, especially when I'm not trained to take it.







I decided to visit the Yosemite Valley Stables out of curiosity. I wanted to observe the way riders as well as animals are been prepared for the ride and how many animals usually included in a typical mule train.











The animals were assigned based on the rider’s age, riding ability and the degree of difficulty of the trail the rider chooses. Also each rider got a helmet for protection and all the necessary information and riding instruction as well.

Each animal had a different saddle, and they were roped together, literally tied nose to tail; one behind another with the guide packer leads the pack mules to the trail.
I spent there almost two hours and learned how the mules and horses are being prepared for each trip, what kind of equipment they wear and how they are being matched with the riders.
While I was watching the show it got even better, a pair of mule deer bucks showed up and without any hesitation strolled back and fourth undisturbed. I got pretty close to them and snap a few pictures, than they just continued on their journey, and disappeared in the near forest.



No comments:

Post a Comment